Traffic signals: emergency warning signs and signals
|Location||National Archives (see all files stored here)|
|File base||Series MT, subseries MT 95|
This file is much more productive than the previous one, containing a wealth of plans of the signalling system, as well as press cuttings from the unveiling and other material from the launch of the scheme, and most valuably, a number of press photos of the new signals in situ.
- MT 95/668 Traffic signals: emergency warning signs and signals (1962-1964)
- MT 95/669 Traffic signals: emergency warning signs and signals (1962-1964)
- MT 95/924 Development of emergency signalling (emergency fog and speed limit signs etc.); 1965 correspondence and ministerial brief (1965-1971)
- MT 112/111 Automatic emergency traffic signs: M5 Birmingham-Bristol experiment (1962-1971)
- MT 126/53 'Secret' traffic signs (signs illuminated only during periods of use): policy on use (1964-1973)
People with camera copies
Chris Marshall has a partial copy, including all plans and photos.