From ArchiveWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Ringway 2 (formerly C Ring Road)
|Location||London Metropolitan Archives (see all files stored here)|
|File base||Fond GLC, subfond DG/PTI/P|
This file is in a series of 17 files, explained in detail at GLC/DG/PTI/P/05/048.
Within the wider series, this file contains correspondence from 1 August 1967 to 30 April 1968.
Contents of note
- Evidence of 40 property purchases.
- Further replies to the consultation exercise on the Wandsworth to Colliers Wood section of R2, including a detailed reply from British Rail that included a listing of all the plan sheet numbers they had been sent. The plans are, needless to say, not here, but it's good to know that detailed plans were drawn up at all.
- Letter to Robert Vigars (a Conservative GLC member) from the Streatham Conservative Association, setting out their determined opposition to the motorway. This was a plan without many friends, even within the party whose policy it was to build it.
- Partial photocopy of a plan sheet, used to mark the location of a property being discussed in memorandum, that shows the line of Ringway 2 along the north side of the railway between Barnes and Barnes Common. The line is not news to us, but it's interesting that the plans had been drawn up and were available in February 1968 when the GLC would continue publicly insisting the line between Barnes and Chiswick was "under investigation" right through to 1972.
Links to other files
- Previous: GLC/DG/PTI/P/05/048 Ringway 2 (formerly C Ring Road) (1967)
- Next: GLC/DG/PTI/P/05/050 Ringway 2 (formerly C Ring Road) (1968)
People with camera copies